Mulch is used for various purposes:
- to adjust temperature by helping soil retain more heat in spring and fall, and by keeping soil cool and even out temperature swings during hot and variable summer conditions
- to control weeds by blocking the sunlight
- to retain water by slowing evaporation
- to add organic matter and nutrients to the soil through the gradual breakdown of the mulch material
- to repel insects
- to incrementally improve growing conditions by reflecting sunlight upwards to the plants, and by providing a clean, dry surface for ground-lying fruit such as squash and melons.
- for erosion control – protects soil from rain and preserves moisture
- for sediment control – slows runoff velocity
|Cypress Playground Crush||$32.00||cu/yd|
|Designer Black Mulch||$32.00||cu/yd|
|Designer Chocolate Mulch||$32.00||cu/yd|
|Designer Red Mulch||$32.00||cu/yd|
|Shredded Pine Bark Mulch||$26.00||cu/yd|
|Long Needle Pine Straw||$5.00||per bale
|Triple Shredded Hardwood||$26.00||cu/yd|
|Wheat Straw||$5.00||per bale
|Large Pine Bark Mulch||$26.00||cu/yd|
How to measure the amount of mulch and soil you need.
1 cu/yd of mulch will cover 100 sq ft. at a depth of 3″
Formula (length x width)/100
Example 30 x 40=1200 sq ft divided by 100=12 cu yd.(3″depth)
Delivery Rates are based on 5 yd minimum and 1 dump location !!!
5 miles $25.00
10 miles $35.00
15 miles $45.00
Deliveries over 15 miles will be based on road miles and will vary based on amount of product and location.